Sponsoring an AIDS orphan, going up in a hot air balloon, swimming with sharks… come on, there must be more to life than such pedestrian aspirations. So what’s on your bucket list?
Here’s my Bucket List, for what it’s worth:
1. Buy a piece of landed property and convert it into an energy and water-efficient residential home.
2. Convert part of the aforementioned home into a stray animal rescue centre, where I will rehabilitate, neuter and release or re-home a minimum of 80 animals a year.
3. Travel extensively and volunteer at animal shelters and wildlife sanctuaries at every locality I visit.
4. Record my travels and volunteering adventures for posterity and have a travel book published on the same.
5. Study part-time and get the MA in English Literature that I’ve always wanted but could not afford.
6. Earn my diving licence and join Reef Check International as a volunteer.
7. Sign up with Tom Brown Jr.’s Tracker School and practice tracking and wilderness immersion in a non-tropical rainforest environment, for a change.
8. Drive a fire truck, and 18-wheeler semi truck, a backhoe excavator and a World War II tank. Not all at the same time, of course.
9. Do the Covert Ops Ultimate Action-Adventure Experience and learn espionage techniques and how to use explosives and build booby traps.
10. Start a business supplying and marketing energy and water-efficient appliances, solar-powered outdoor lighting and low-impact camping and survival equipment (kinetic-powered battery chargers etc) to housing developers, local councils, City Hall, building managers, apartment management corporations, retailers and consumers.