Thursday 31 January 2013

Year of the Snake Bento for the Chinese New Year



A little jade snake slithers across a peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich terrain paved with lucky Chinese coins to wish you a Happy Chinese New Year!
May the Year of the Snake bring you smooth runnings.

(Top left compartment holds apple quarters and a candied kumquat.
Top right compartment holds grape tomatoes, french beans, picolino cucumbers and carrot discs. The snake is constructed out of picolino cucumber slices.
The tongue is a tiny strip of apple peel and the eye is a quarter of a raisin.)


6 comments:

Pat said...

Your food is all so-very healthy, E!!! If it were my lunch-box, I'd be missing me some chocolate cake :(

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Thank you for coming over, Pat! I haven't had any visitors here for some time. Chocolate cake sounds great. If I had some, I would definitely put it in my lunchbox. I pig out on chips and crackers a lot of the time. Everything in moderation -- salt, gluten, sugar and fattening stuff included!

Ellen Whyte said...

I hope everyone buys these snakes for Chinese New Year :-) Hey, you could sell them and make a bomb!

If you feel better today, join us for dinner, ok?

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Thanks, Ellen! These zucchini snakes are really easy to make, I'm happy to share the bento ideas without expecting remuneration! Unfortunately, I'm not feeling better today. I'm like the monkey in Outbreak, spreading virus and bacteria to everyone. Thank you for inviting us, anyway! Really appreciate it!

Emily said...

Cool!

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Thanks, Emily!