Thursday 3 January 2008

New Year, New Goals

A new year has begun, bringing with it new hopes and new challenges. I wish nothing but the best for you and your loved ones in the coming year. May you love deeply, forgive sincerely, make amends, tread gently, speak truthfully and live joyfully always. May you cultivate respect and reverence for Mother Earth and all that depend on her. May you find balance and perfection in this troubled world of ours. I wish you good health, good friends, abundance, contentment and acceptance in 2008 and always.

My New Year Resolutions for 2008:

1. I will put a percentage of my salary back into starting a community stray animal neutering, vaccination and feeding programme.

2. I will continue to volunteer at the SPCA animal shelter for at least 5 hours a week and invest additional time in outreach and awareness work.

3. Apart from my usual letters to the editor on environmental issues, I will submit articles on responsible pet ownership and animal welfare issues on behalf of the SPCA for publication in the weekly newspaper column.

4. I will earn my First Aid Basic Course certificate in March 2008.

5. I will earn my Bushcraft Intermediate Jungle Safety and Survival Course certificate.

6. I will complete the energy audit of the Bar Council single-handedly and submit a full report by the end of February.

7. I will organise a volunteering trip either to monitor and tag seagrass beds and seahorses, or to clean and help out at a sea turtle conservation centre, for members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Environmental Law Committee.

8. I will coordinate and carry out at least another 5-6 Green Living education and awareness projects this year for the Selangor Branch of the Malaysian Nature Society and at the same time, build up the volunteer pool and create opportunities for leadership to enable another volunteer to succeed me as Group Coordinator next year.

9. I will open a separate savings account and save all bonuses and salary increment received.

10. I will set my own billing and collection targets at work and strive to achieve them.

11. I will continue to donate blood 3 to 4 times this year.

12. I will learn basic car maintenance and repair work.

No comments: