Wednesday 20 May 2009

To the reader from Kuala Selangor who Googles me every week

This entry does not require a comment or response.

To the reader from Kuala Selangor who Googles me every week:

I don't know who you are and it makes no difference to me whether or not you identify yourself.

But obviously you have been here more than once and continue to Google me and read my blogposts at least twice a week.

I would be much obliged if you would consider that each Google search produces at least 0.2 - 2 grams of carbon dioxide, whereas just viewing a simple webpage by keying in my blog address or bookmarking it so you can visit it again generates only 0.01 - 0.02 g of carbon dioxide.

Googling is hardly the most energy efficient way of getting to a website you are already frequenting. Would you drive to the post office to mail a letter to someone who you already know lives 3 doors away from your house?

Using search engines to locate something you have already found and already visit regularly is such a ridiculous waste of energy that I am compelled to speak up on this and address you to deter you from continuing to Google me endlessly.

Please stand advised. Thank you.

1 comment:

Terra Cin said...

???

Huh? Are you for real? I very blur one...