Friday 2 October 2015

Celebrating CovertDad at the Orchid Conservatory, The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur



CovertDad celebrated his 72nd birthday in August. I took the day off to take him and CovertMum out for an afternoon tea. It was to be a surprise for him. He was thrilled with the treat. A man of uncomplicated tastes, he would have been happy even if I had just taken him out to a pizza parlour for dinner.

I made a reservation at the Orchid Conservatory of The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur weeks in advance. I knew my parents would love it since they are both avid gardeners and orchid lovers. I'm sure CovertDad knew something was up when I went back to the parental home the night before and informed them that we would be going somewhere special the following afternoon that would require them to dress up and charge their camera batteries well in advance.














It's going to be a bit difficult to top this next year, and to figure out where to take the parents for CovertMum's birthday. It must be someplace just as exquisite and memorable.

Many Happy Returns, CovertDad. Thank you for showing me what it means to be a good parent, spouse, friend, teacher and citizen. Thank you for teaching me about the environment, Web of Life and caring for the Planet. Thank you for teaching me how to write Letters to the Editor. Thank you for teaching me geography and tree identification. Thank you for being supportive of my volunteer work (well, at least some of the time, anyway). You are an excellent Planeteer!

No comments: